Worship is one of the avenues by which Christian believers draw close to God. The question before the Church today is this: what constitutes genuine Biblical worship? The answer to that question is not found in public opinion or worship leader conferences. The answer is found in Scripture.
Consider the following references:
- “For you shall worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God…” ~ Ex. 34:14
- “Give unto the LORD, O you mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.” ~ Ps. 29:1-2
- “O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand…” ~ Ps. 95:6-7
- “And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get you behind me, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.” ~ Lk. 4:8
It is abundantly clear from Scripture that worship is to be directed toward God Almighty and no one else. Yet in our modern church services, we sing things like:
- “I am who you say I am.”
- “You didn’t want Heaven without us, so Jesus You brought Heaven down.”
- “When I’m with You I feel the real me finally breaking through.”
If you don’t recognize these lyrics and the songs they pertain to, that’s a good thing. It is our position that modern worship is not worship at all. In most cases, it is more Christian psychotherapy than anything else. It’s time for the church to return to Biblical worship.
Our Worship Resources
To help worship leaders looking to bring truth back to what they do, we strive to provide a variety of worship resources. Here on our website you will find resources that meet the Scriptural requirements of worship. We offer:
- Videos to help you learn new songs
- Links to authorized websites featuring lead sheets, lyrics, etc.
- Downloadable lyric and chord sheets of original music